This quality calligraphy set contains one teal colored wood nib holder decorated with an Belle Epoque-inspired metal embossed band and a Brause "greatest hits" set of six professional-quality calligraphy nibs. These are some fantastic nibs to get you started in both monoline (Copperplate) Calligraphy and in Unical or Gothic-style calligraphy. The monoline nibs also work great for pen & ink drawing and stippling.
This calligraphy starter kit comes on cardstock with an envelope and a information booklet.
The nibs included are:
• One (1) Brause Blue Pumpkin ("Steno") Nib, No. B361 - This Nib has a very fine point, is highly elastic, has a high ink capacity. This produces a thin line and the ink flow is high and excellent. One of the best all-around pen nibs made.
• One (1) Brause Rosen (Rose) Calligraphy Nib, No. 76 - Strong, yet super flexible, fine point, with rose embossed design. A vintage nib from Brause reintroduced several years ago. This is an excellent all-around nib for Copperplate writing, drawing and flourishes.
• One (1) Brause Arrow Extra Fine Point Nib, No. 66 - Also called “Arrow”nib. Very smooth reaction, highly elastic, high ink capacity. Favorite for pointed pen work and drawing.
• One (1) Brause Citofein Nib -The Brause Cito Fein gold colored steel nib has a 0.3mm very fine point, half elastic, with a precise writing style. Good for monoline lettering.
• One (1) Brause Plakat 5mm Nib - This steel brush gold-plated folded metal nib is perfect for making large letters.
• One (1) Brause Banzug Small Square No. 180 nib 2mm - Square nibs are perfect for rounded (Roman, Italic, Gothic) writing, with an ink reservoir on the top. Unique for the sharpness of its angles and the precision of its upstrokes, the Bandzug nib yields incomparable Gothic letters.
Pair this set with some of our quality European calligraphy and dip pen inks and some of our calligraphy practice pads or calligraphy paper found elsewhere in our Etsy Shop.
Founded in 1850, Brause calligraphy nibs have been considered by many calligraphers to be among the best on the market. Brause nibs can be found in the toolbox of many calligraphers, lettering artists, penmen and illustrators.
Brause was founded in 1850 in Iserlohn, Germany. Since then, Brause has been producing nibs considered to be one of the best on the market by professional calligraphers. With over 100 years of nib manufacturing experience, Brause is one of the rare companies to guarantee an essential quality for its calligraphy nibs.
Ink bottles and props not included, but you can purchase the J. Herbin ink in the Ink section of our shop.
We can only accept returns or exchanges on art materials like this if they are returned in unused condition with packaging intact and in its original condition. (It needs to be like-new and in re-sellable condition). If there is something wrong with the item or your order is incorrect, please contact us - we'd be happy to help! Please refer to our shop FAQs before ordering.
We do not offer international shipping for this item.
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 3 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns or exchanges on art materials and on delicate antiques. Please see individual product descriptions for information on which items we accept returns. If there is something wrong with your order, please let us know right away! We will happily accept an exchange or refund.
We try to answer most questions you may have in the product description. However, if there are any additional questions you may have, please feel free to contact us. We try to respond very quickly to any questions on our items. For our antiques, we try our best to list the condition of the item. Again, we're happy to answer your questions so that you can be confident with your purchase!
At this time we cannot create custom or personalized orders. Most of our calligraphy sets come "as is." If customization is possible it will be noted in the listing and you will be able to choose variables via a drop-down menu. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions!