This quality European Calligraphy Set contains six nibs for script and calligraphy, one wooden nib holder, one bottle of black ink and an instruction booklet. It's the perfect starter calligraphy set and the quality is good enough for professional artists.
The nib holder and ink in this set were made by two of the oldest names in professional/artist's - quality calligraphy tools, J. Herbin, and Brause. J. Herbin is a French company and was established in 1670, they are the oldest calligraphy ink company in existence. They now create quality nib holders, inks and sealing wax. Brause is a German company established in the 1800s and is known for it's quality nibs.
This kit contains the basics to create stunning calligraphy in both monoline (Copperplate) and italic and Unical lettering styles. These nibs are recommended by both Modern Calligraphy and Traditional Calligraphy instructors as the basic nibs needed to learn the art of fine lettering.
This set contains:
• One (1) Wooden Nib Holder
• One (1) Bottle of J. Herbin Noir (black) ink
• One (1) Brause Blue Pumpkin ("Steno") Nib, No. B361 - This Nib has a very fine point, is highly elastic, has a high ink capacity. This produces a thin line and the ink flow is high and excellent. One of the best all-around pen nibs made.
• One (1) Brause Citofein Nib -The Brause Cito Fein gold colored steel nib has a 0.3mm very fine point, half elastic, with a precise writing style. Good for monoline lettering.
• One (1) Brause Plannenfeder Nib -The Brause Pfannen nib is a nickel plated steel nib. 0.45mm, 3rd grade, wider point, reinforced elasticity, with a strong writing style. Good for monoline lettering.
• One (1) Brause Banzug Small Square No. 180 2mm nib - Square nibs are perfect for rounded (Roman, Italic, Gothic) writing, with an ink reservoir on the top. Unique for the sharpness of its angles and the precision of its upstrokes, the Bandzug nib yields incomparable Gothic letters.
• One (1) Brause Banzug Medium Stroke Square No. 180 nib
• One (1) Brause Banzug Wide Stroke Square No. 180 nib
• One (1) Instruction / Information manual
Pair with some of our fine calligraphy paper or stationery to create stunning hand-lettered art.
Founded in 1850, Brause calligraphy nibs have been considered by many calligraphers to be among the best on the market. Brause nibs can be found in the toolbox of many calligraphers, lettering artists, penmen and illustrators.
Brause was founded in 1850 in Iserlohn, Germany. Since then, Brause has been producing nibs considered to be one of the best on the market by professional calligraphers. With over 100 years of nib manufacturing experience, Brause is one of the rare companies to guarantee an essential quality for its calligraphy nibs.
About J. Herbin:
J. Herbin inks are made in France; the company is the oldest manufacturer of pen ink in the world. The company uses all natural dyes in their fountain pen inks. This natural composition is reflected in the neutral pH of the inks. This means that if combined with acid-free paper, the writing or drawings with this ink will last a long time and are of archival quality.
MORE PHOTOS COMING SOON!
We cannot accept returns or exchanges on art materials like this. If there is something wrong with the item or your order is incorrect, please contact us - we'd be happy to help! Please refer to our shop FAQs before ordering.
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 3 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns or exchanges on art materials and on delicate antiques. Please see individual product descriptions for information on which items we accept returns. If there is something wrong with your order, please let us know right away! We will happily accept an exchange or refund.
We try to answer most questions you may have in the product description. However, if there are any additional questions you may have, please feel free to contact us. We try to respond very quickly to any questions on our items. For our antiques, we try our best to list the condition of the item. Again, we're happy to answer your questions so that you can be confident with your purchase!
At this time we cannot create custom or personalized orders. Most of our calligraphy sets come "as is." If customization is possible it will be noted in the listing and you will be able to choose variables via a drop-down menu. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions!